Regi Wooten shares his amazing and innovative techniques in this instructional and performance DVD that is loaded with his tips and tricks. He gives detailed lessons on thumping, slapping, blazing fast tapping, raking and he shreds an orange Kramer like you’ve never seen before.
The oldest of the famous Wooten Brothers, he is known as “the Teacha” – having taught his younger brothers and hundreds of guitarists in the Nashville area how to play. His brothers are Victor and Roy “Futureman” of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Joseph of the Steve Miller Band and Rudy of Rudy and the Ban of Brathazz. The brothers also make up the Victor Wooten Band. This DVD is a must own for anyone serious about playing guitar like the greats.
Over an hour and a half of detailed instruction, mind blowing performance and wisdom from one of the leading guitar instructors in the country. If you don’t believe it, ask one of his 5 – time Grammy Award winning brothers.
- Breaking it down – Regi explains his approach to the guitar.
- Thumping/Slapping – The famous Wooten Brothers slapping and thumping technique.
- Two hand lap piano style – Regi shows his piano technique.
- Tapping – 6 note tapping exercises explored.
- Drumming – Regi explains how he plays drums on the guitar.
- Raking/Sweeping – Regi explains the raking technique and its harmonic applications in rock music.
- Blowing – The “Teacha” shows you his innovative technique of blowing on the strings.
- Combining the techniques – Regi shows how to effectively combine all of his techniques.
- An interview with Regi and a tour of his amazing custom Kramer guitar.